Highrise to LDAP Gateway
WARNING: Developed as a proof of concept in about 5 hours. Use with caution.
Adapted from the ldap-activerecord-server for its RailsConf 2007 presentation, this application will proxy your Highrise contacts as LDAP entries. Once you have this installed and running on a local server, you can point OS X's Addressbook (or Outlook, Thunderbird, etc.) at it and get autocomplety goodness in your local mail client.
- Download either via tarball, or svn (recommended)
- Figure out your highrise API url
- Click on 'My Info' in Highrise
- Click on 'Reveal authentication token for feeds/API' under 'User account'. That will give you a key like
- Combine that with your highrise url like such:
http://99531bd29aabd9bc9a09d04a60a97:X@tammersaleh.highrisehq.com/(Yes, X. Those 37signals dudes are wacky)
- Edit the conf/ldap-config.yml file, primarily to set the right Highrise API url
bin/ldap-server.rb startand check the log file for problems.
Now point your ldap server at localhost:1390 (or whatever host/port combination you're configured for) and view your Highrise contacts in your addressbook.
Here's a screenshot of my OS X Addressbook configuration:
...And one of Addressbook doin' it's thang:
Comments and patches are more than welcome, but please keep in mind that this was really just produced as a proof of concept.