- Tomorrow, April 17
- Once at 7:00am PST (2:00pm GMT / 7:30pm IST)
- A second time at 10:00am PST (5:00pm GMT / 10:30pm IST)
We will be live coding(!), making a single change to a live web application hosted on Heroku within the context of a common process for us:
- Campfire for real-time communication and alerts.
- Trello for managing the task and tracking discussion.
- Our git protocol.
- GitHub pull request-based code review.
- Shortcuts from thoughtbot/dotfiles.
- Staging and production environments on Heroku.
We will also show a few other goodies:
- Heroku config variables.
- Heroku addons.
- Heroku 2x dynos.
- Using Apache Bench for simple load and memory tests.
- Each dyno handling about ~1,000 requests per minute for a static site.
- Unicorn, Sinatra, and Ruby 2.0’s Copy-On-Write garbage collection.
- Using log2viz for performance and memory visibility.
We will share an open source web application and a read-only Trello board during the presentation. There will be a question-and-answer session at the end.
Hope to see you online! RSVP here.
UPDATE: Heroku has posted a recording to YouTube.