When we were at the VOICES THAT MATTER Professional Ruby Conference in November, we sat down and did a two-part interview for use in promotional materials for next year’s conference, and for our own amusement. It took a while for us to get our hands on this, but here’s the second of the interviews from that day.
The video features Dan Croak (Developer), Chad Pytel (CEO), Matt Jankowski (COO) and Tammer Saleh (Developer) talking about Ruby, Rails, thoughtbot, TDD, our products, our process, our history, and more.
- 0:00 - Design Driven Development, TDD process
- 4:00 - What else have we tried?
- 7:00 - User stories and tests
- 8:30 - Pair programming
- 11:00 - Open source plugins
- 14:30 - Product ideas
- 17:15 - Promoting OSS, hosting your own tools, paying for services
- 19:25 - Products vs consulting vs training, how did we start out?
- 21:00 - How we found ourselves while backpacking in Europe
- 21:55 - What is Kickstart
- 23:45 - Growth and promotion
- 25:18 - Chad mentions the blog and we all eat lunch instead of continuing the interview
The future of video production in a post modern world
If anyone is in or around the Boston area, and is either an aspiring amateur film maker, a film student in college, interested in films, the owner of a bunch of digital video editing equipment, a big fan of 24, willing to act like a film student, etc - please get in touch with us. We’re looking to produce some promotional materials (and some funny materials) that require more video equipment and knowledge than we have in house.