About two years ago, I joined thoughtbot as our Office Assistant and now, Office Manager. I’ve decided to relocate to our new San Francisco location, so we are looking for a new Office Manager for our Boston office.
In this unique position you are an extremely important contribution to the general happiness of the entire thoughtbot team, and directly contribute to the success of our company on a daily basis.
We are looking for someone who displays the following:
- Daily punctuality, efficient coordination of office matters, energetic personality, and consistent welcoming hospitable presence
- Charismatic creativity, outstanding communication, problem-solving, and decision making skills(for example, if a bird flies into our office window and cracks it, or say, just hypotheticallyspeakingof course, if eleven of your coworkers get trapped in our building’s elevator)
- Experience with administrative support and daily office management; as well as event planning
- Able to work independently
- Attention to detail, ambitiousattitude andeagerness to learn something new everyday
- Desire to grow with thoughtbot over the long term
As the Boston Office Manager, you will:
- Work closely with management, as well as San Francisco and Sweden Office Manager(s) on tasks which may include: hiring, accounting, events, marketing, annual company gatherings and events, as well as human resources duties
- Manage relationships with vendors who areessentialto fluid office operations as well as other companies and resourceswithin the Ruby and Boston tech community
- Coordinate and arrange Usability Testing Sessions
- Be able to host evening or weekend company or community event(s), at least once a month, which will be balanced with regular working hours
- Assist in booking domestic and international travel for conferences, workshop attendees, client meetings
Plus, but not required:
- Ability touse Photoshop, Illustrator, GitHub, and Twitter
- Lives in Boston proper/Cambridge (ie: on the Green, Red, Orange lines), with excellent knowledge of Boston neighborhoods
- Secret super power and/or knowledge of Star Wars [or] Arrested Development
We aren’t looking for someone who is eventually hoping to be a programmer or designer, however ability to use a computer and the navigate internet effectively is a must.
This full-time position will have a competitive salary,that will depend on experience,and exceptional benefits, which include unlimited time off and 100% of medical premiums paid. If you know someone who might be interested in this position, please forward this along to them or have them email their cover letter and resume firstname.lastname@example.org